Our Rebels are three of a select few available for hire on the Norfolk Broads presenting a rare opportunity for an exhilarating sail on this high performance class.
Experienced skippers only please.
If you are an experienced Half-Decker sailor then sailing a Rebel is a real treat and perfect for camping on the river under the stars or mooring outside of your holiday cottage.
- Seats up to five people
- Paddles & Mud weight provided
- Boat cover doubles as camping awning
- 'Biscuit' Mattresses available for sleeping onboard
- Buoyancy Jackets supplied
- 5 litre water containers available upon request
- Fixed Keel
All of our half deckers can travel under bridges by lowering the mast. The masts on our Rebels are quite heavy and we recommend it is only attempted after full instruction from our team at the yard. Please get in touch for advice if you're planning on heading through any bridges on your holiday.
– Please note, you cannot start a booking on a Sunday or Bank holiday due to the yard being closed
– Hire is from 9am to 9am the following day with no sailing after dusk
– Pick up times: Short Breaks 11am Long Stays 1pm
Lucky Rebel (R13) was built in 1963 and was designed by Alan Buchanan. She was donated to Hunter’s Yard in 2021 and relaunched in 2022 after a refit.
The Rebel class is a very lively Broads racing and day boat although this boat is fitted with smaller sails for hiring, the reduction equates to having roughly one reef in.