These lovely Half-Deckers were built by the Hunter Family and are ideal for solo sailor, those wishing to refresh their sailing skills, and beginners.
- Seats up to four people
- Oars & Camping Awning provided
- Buoyancy Jackets supplied
- 5 litre water containers available upon request
- Single sail Balanced Lug Rig
- Fixed Keel
Our half deckers are perfect for camping on the river under the stars or mooring outside of your holiday cottage.
– Please note, you cannot start a booking on a Sunday or Bank holiday due to the yard being closed
– Hire is from 9am to 9am the following day with no sailing after dusk
– Pick up times: Short Breaks 11am Long Stays 1pm
All yachts are supplied with awnings making them suitable for Yamping! Buoyancy aids provided.
Woodcut I was built by Percy Hunter himself and closely resembled the half-deckers Sunrise and Sunset which were built at Applegates Boatyard during his time there. She was Percy Hunter’s favourite boat. Woodcut was completely rebuilt by Ian Grapes in 2001-2003 using iroko for the planks.
Woodcut 2 was built by Cyril Hunter in 1938 and is 4 inches longer.
The origin of their name is thought to have come about by using two separate things and putting them together. The first half was possibly an extension of the Womack Water theme used for the Wood Class yachts and the second half might have been inspired by the dyke which the Hunters often referred to as `The Cut`; hence the name Woodcut. Woodcut I was completed in 1932 and Woodcut II in 1938.