Buff Tip is a Gunter Rigged Yare & Bure One Design that is also known as a White Boat.
- Seats up to five people
- Oars & Mud weight provided
- Boat cover doubles as camping awning
- 'Biscuit' Mattresses available for sleeping onboard
- Buoyancy Jackets supplied
- 5 litre water containers available upon request
- Fixed Keel
Our half deckers are perfect for camping on the river under the stars or mooring outside of your holiday cottage.
– Please note, you cannot start a booking on a Sunday or Bank holiday due to the yard being closed
– Hire is from 9am to 9am the following day with no sailing after dusk
– Pick up times: Short Breaks 11am Long Stays 1pm
Buff Tip was built by Ernest Woods in 1927 at Horning, the first of the class to be built after he moved his boatyard from Cantley. Donated to Hunter’s Yard in 2003.
130 of these boats have been built and 120 are still sailing – a very popular Broads racing and day boat.
Originally built with soft wood hulls but No 94 (1981) was the first with a glassfibre (GRP) hull.
All the Yare & Bure One Designs were named after butterflies but when the names ran out the Class was allowed to use moth names. So is our girl a moth or a butterfly?